Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SHE SAYS: Rag Tag Warriors

In Revelation 19:11-16, John writes about the rider on a white horse, Christ Jesus (i.e. Faithful and True / The Word of God), who is leading Heaven’s army against the armies of the kings of the earth, Satan, the beast and the false prophet.
“Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.”
What a mighty band of warriors this must be that marches out to confront the enemy. But wait! As they come face to face with them, it is “The Word of God” Christ Jesus, who simply speaks with the sword of his mouth, and victory is accomplished.

This brings me to the thoughts I have been meditating on lately, both in wonder and rejoicing: That God chose me, a prideful, selfish, unloving woman with misplaced priorities. He has shown me my sin and has helped me endure the plowing it has taken to uproot much of it. I am thankful that this process has left me with much less of my “self”.  

Throughout scripture, God selected a bunch of unlikely characters, misfits and broken people who He then redeemed to himself through Christ. I continue to be humbled at the heart of our Savior and Lord. “The One” doesn’t need me or anyone else for that matter to win the ultimate battle, yet He is with me even now in my weakness and low estate.

As Isaiah 57:15 states, “For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: “I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite.”

He is here. With us. “For when I am weak, then I am strong.” Paul who considered himself the foremost of sinners, explains this in 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, it is “God’s grace which is sufficient for us, that His power is made perfect in our weakness.”  

He goes on to say in 1 Timothy 1:12-15, “I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.”

Have you been appointed by the King to become one of His band of Rag Tag Warriors. If not, now is the time and all you have to do is ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment