Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

SHE SAYS: "It is finished!"

“It is finished.” 

These were the final three words recorded in John's gospel as Jesus died on the cross.  The rest of John 19:30 says that "he bowed his head and gave up his spirit."

Think of it.  Jesus, the perfect, spotless Lamb of God offered himself up as the sacrifice offering once and for all for our sins.  Amazing. 

So now I must boast.  Just like Paul wrote in Galatians, I feel the need to share this amazing gift that I have been given.  The gift that Jesus bought with his blood - my forgiveness, salvation and eternal life.
"May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world."  Galatians 6:14 NIV


 So why was Christ crucified?  Because Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom.


"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  1 Corinthians 1:18



So therefore I rejoice and I hope you do too.   "In Him our hearts rejoice for we trust in his holy name"  Psalm 32:21

No comments:

Post a Comment