Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

HE SAYS: Miracle Number 4 Poison Blood!

Psalm 68:19-21 (ESV) "Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up;
    God is our salvation. Selah
Our God is a God of salvation,
     and to God, the Lord, belong deliverances from death."

I mentioned in Miracle two that I thought all the antibiotics given to me when I was 2 weeks old had caused problems later.  Approximately between the ages of 5 – 10, I suffered from a rare problem.  It was first discovered when we noticed a heavy red streak running from a cut on my thumb up my arm.
Mom and Dad took me to the emergency room, where we learned that I had blood poisoning.  It had moved all the way up my arm and had started toward my heart.  The infection moves approximately one inch per hour.  The doctor estimated that I had only 6 hours before the infection reached my heart and became fatal.
For the next several years, I was treated for blood poisoning many times.  The treatment was:
1.        A tetanus booster (Yes, the ones that force you to sit on only one buttock for three days)
2.       More antibiotics
3.       A bag of Epsom salts water sealed around the infected wound.
My Dad finally devised a home remedy for the condition.  Every time I created a new cut, abrasion, laceration, etc… Dad cleaned the wound with hydrogen peroxide and kept it covered.  We used a lot of hydrogen peroxide.  (I was a very prolific wound generator.)  However, I did not need any more tetanus boosters, and I did not need to go to school with a bread sack taped to my arm.  Yay Dad! 
For what purpose is God saving you?
Why are you still here, alive, and aware?

No comments:

Post a Comment