Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

HE SAYS: Miracle Number 2 Singin’ the Blues

Exodus 14:30 (NIV) "That day the LORD saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore."
Have you ever thought about the things from which God has saved you?  If you are already a Christian, you must realize that God saved you bodily long before he saved your soul.  This is, in part, the miracle of my life.  God saved my life many times before he saved my soul.
Two weeks after I was born, my Mom noticed that I was turning blue occasionally.  This is probably why I have never really liked the color blue.  She had no idea what was wrong, but she was concerned and took me to the pediatrician, Dr. Pennington.  While I was on the exam table, I turned blue again.  Dr. Pennington, realizing the seriousness of my condition, picked me up and immediately had me admitted to the hospital for congestive heart failure.
The doctor later determined that I had a concurrent bacterial infection from Strep and Staph.  I was so sick that my heart would become tired and quit beating.  After a brief rest, it would start beating on its own again.
I spent a week in the hospital on intravenous antibiotics.  I suspect that all these antibiotics in such a small, undeveloped body caused some other problems later, but that will need to be the subject of another blog post.
This day:  In what way(s) has the Lord saved you?

1 comment:

  1. When I was born I had pneumonia. I'm told I spent a couple of weeks in the neonatal unit at the hospital before I got better.

    Yay God! :)

    ReplyDelete