Pages

Friday, July 13, 2012

HE SAYS: Who’s your Boss?

I was frustrated and complaining today about some events at work, and my colleague threw my words, from a couple of months ago, back in my face.  He said, with an inscrutable smile, “A wise man once told me that he doesn’t worry about that stuff because he knows who his boss is.”  The wise man part was obviously tongue-in-cheek, but I needed to hear those words.
The reason for my frustration was because I had spent the week trying to make my boss successful.  Then, events conspired to negate everything I had been working on.  Any smart employee works to make his/her boss successful, but who really is the boss?
I think Jesus’ intent was clear in these verses:
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
This passage is known as the Great Commission, and I can think of no one for whom I would rather work.

No comments:

Post a Comment