Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

SHE SAYS: My Heart Leaps for Joy!

When is the last time you felt your heart leap for joy?  I must say that every time I am reminded about what Christ has done for me, I get that feeling!  It happened today.  At church we began singing that familiar hymn Amazing Grace originally written by John Newton that Chris Tomlin rewrote with the chorus “My chains are gone, I’ve been set free…”

Some people apparently don’t like that John Newton considered himself a wretch.  But he was, and I am.  We all are hopeless, blind, and lost without Jesus. And there isn’t a thing we can do about it.  That is why I am so joyful.  “I’ve been found.”  I’ve been released from the chains and set free. And it makes me want to dance and sing praises.
The third verse of this song was most meaningful to me today:
"The Lord has promised good to me
 His word my hope secures
 He will my shield and portion be
 As long as life endures"
I rely on the promise of Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and he helps me.”    I know he helps me...and He can help you. 
Doesn’t that promise make your heart leap for joy too?

No comments:

Post a Comment