Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015


SHE SAYS:  Making Headlines

“ISIS Does Its Best to Eliminate All Traces of Christianity in Parts of Iraq and Syria under Its Control” 
 
“ISIS' dark mission: Destroying all signs of Christianity”
 
SIS tweets destruction of more Christian sites”
 
The above, are headlines seen in the news this week. As a Christian, these actions of ISIS do not alarm me. A cross is simply a symbolic reminder of our Lord’s rescuing act for us. We do not worship icons, statues and even if someone destroys our places of fellowship, the Church still exists – no one can destroy true faith.

However, God has a stern warning for those who choose to destroy His temple (i.e. believers).

Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you? If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple. 
1 Corinthians 3:16-17 
 
The persecution of my Christian brothers and sisters in these places must spur me to action. 
  1. I must pray for them as never before.
  2. I must give generously to support those who have been displaced and those who are fulfilling the great commission on the frontlines. 
  3. I must be known for my love for others, whether friend or foe.
  4. I must care too much to be silent or idle.
  5. I must seek out and learn as much as I can about those in harm’s way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment