Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

SHE SAYS: Teacher Appreciation

I suppose that it is fitting to add this piece, since it is "Teacher's Appreciation" Week. I made this mixed media collage for my dear sister-in-law, Donna, who is both a Kindergarten teacher and a student of the King.

In the verse from Psalm 86, the writer is expressing a desire to learn. What teacher doesn't love an eagerly, interested student! And God wants to teach us His way, His truth. In fact, Jesus proclaimed this in John 14:6-7

"I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and haveseen him."

So what do I know? I know that it is really easy to begin to think I've got it all figured out, that I can do this thing called life without further instruction. "My way." I also know that more often than not, "my way" leads to mediocre results or messiness and regrets.

I am thankful for the many teachers that have impacted my life for good, and those who are still making an important difference in peoples lives.

However, I stand in awe of and am deeply thankful everyday for a God who patiently instructs, corrects and guides me into a deeper understanding of truth, who imparts wisdom, and loves me even when I don't "make the grade". I guarantee you will never find a more capable and compassionate teacher than our Creator! Not sure? Read Isaiah 40:9-31.
















No comments:

Post a Comment